Monday, January 21, 2013

a church and a convention


This weekend was a great weekend for us. We were blessed by 2 things I felt the need to blog about. This weekend, God moved through a church and a convention.


 
a church

Sully and I needed to be in East Tennessee for the weekend so this was a rare occasion for us to be at a different church on Sunday morning. Sully's dad is on staff as the Children's Pastor at First Baptist Pigeon Forge. It is also the church that Sully grew up in.  The church is a lot different from WellSpring but we enjoyed the service.  Since Pigeon Forge is a vacation spot for a lot of people on this weekend, they had a special time to pray for pastors or church staff that may be visiting in the area.  We felt a bit awkward as we stood up, but I am glad we did. Some people came up, laid hands on us and prayed for us and our ministry. They prayed that the staff we work with would stay united and that we would submit to whatever God may have coming down the road. 

What really got to me the most was how many people from FBC Pigeon Forge are following the blog. There were so many ladies, whom I hadn't met before, who knew everything about it. They went on to tell me they are praying for us and are so excited. God's church is so cool. It was like there was  family there that I just hadn't met yet. It was so special for them to care about what is going on in our life. It made me so excited for Heaven to think about all of our "family" members we will meet. 



a convention

Sully and I were part of a design team for a new event called RezKidz! The event happened this past weekend. It was better than I could have ever imagined. The idea of the convention was to bring families to a place where they can worship together and learn about bringing faith to the daily routine at home.  There was one point this weekend, during the worship, when Dads had their little girls on their shoulders and they were praising God together. It might have been one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a while.  It was a great time remind us that it pleases God when we, His children, tell our children about him. 
The whole time we were there, I kept envisioning glimpses of Sully with our baby on his shoulders.  I can't wait to praise Jesus with our kid! 



We have a meeting this Wednesday and then one more to complete our study. Please be praying for these meetings. Once we are approved, we will begin the process of applying for grants and fundraising. Thank you for your support!





No comments:

Post a Comment