Thursday, December 6, 2012

Devil Downer

Ever heard of Debbie Downer?

If you haven't heard of Debbie Downer check it out here:
Last night, I had a visit from her distant relative, Devil Downer.

I was thinking of what a blessing this adoption was and this is the conversation that played out in my head.

Me: I am so excited about this adoption!
Devil Downer: Yeah, but it is going to take forever and it will come at a bad time. (wan waaaaa-thats my debbie downer sound)
Me: I am so excited about how God has provided and people have given!
Devil Downer: Yeah, but you need a lot more and it's just not enough  (wan waaaaa)
Me: I can't wait to hold the sweet baby!
Devil Downer: Yeah, but what if you can't attach?  (wan waaaaa)

The Devil was trying to make this amazing adventure we are on seem like Frodo's journey under the crushing power of that ring.

As I lay in bed last night, I repeated over and over to myself, "God has a plan and it's perfect."

My friend wrote a song called, "Song to the Savior" and you can buy it here.
In the song Tyrus writes,

"Heaven's Majesty is seated on the throne"

When I think about Heaven's Majesty at the throne interceding on my behalf, it's harder to hear The Downer.

Praise God.


1 comment:

  1. I don't mean to be nosy but I would suggest talking to your tax preparer now about how you should proceed with your withholdings on your paychecks since the adoption tax credit has been made pemanent but is now only applied if you have a tax liabilty. Basically it will pay up to $13,000 per adoption of tax liabilty. And I believe it carries over from year to year. keep good records of all your expenses.

    ReplyDelete