Monday, December 17, 2012

Nails on a chalkboard/Joyful noise



This is an excerpt from some adoption training materials.

The words, "you are NEVER in control" are like nails on chalkboard to me. Never in control. It almost makes me cringe.

This is a part of my faith that I really struggle with. I believe that is one of the reasons God brought us on this journey.

Last week our social worker told us that she doesn't plan on our wait being long and we should get our finances in order.

This scared me.  I had not doubted God's provision until that moment. For whatever reason, I started thinking that the money would not come in time. I still believed that God could but I wanted to have a back up plan in case He didn't. I had been struggling over the weekend. I don't like asking for money and we still have a long way to go with our fundraising goals.

I began searching out a Plan B. This weekend was crazy busy with the Children's Christmas Production at church so I didn't have much time to think about our situation.

Today we received a very unexpected and generous financial gift.

I came home and started reading over our materials and came to the slide pictured above.  I realized that it is a really good thing I am not in control. God is and I don't need a Plan B. His plan is more rewarding than anything I could come up with.

He reminded me this afternoon that the pace of this adoption has nothing to do with His capacity/desire for provision.

I think for the first time the words "never in control" were turned from nails on a chalkboard to a joyful noise, I was so glad to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment