Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Luke 1:37

So we are those people.

Those people who adopt and then get pregnant.

You read that right. I am pregnant.  9 weeks tomorrow. 

I never really thought I would be.

 I am going to spare all of you the details but Sully and I have had the, hmm how should I say this, same “family planning strategy” for the past 5 ½ years. Nothing has changed expect our understanding of God’s plan.

Today, we had a consultation with one of the doctors we are looking at using.  A big banner hangs on the outside of the office.



“nothing shall be impossible.”


We are beyond shocked.  On New Year’s Eve when I got the positive on the test I sat on the floor in utter disbelief.  I think I am still floored.

I know that people say you should wait until after 12 weeks. Maybe we should but my mom experienced a number of losses, many of them after 17 weeks. We are never in control of the time we get to experience a life.   Genetically, I am at an increased risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. I am choosing not to focus on that.

I am going to focus on that Luke 1:37 verse.

I was sure that pregnancy would not get to be a part of our story but God had another plan.

Nothing shall be impossible.

So say hello to our little gummy bear.



5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Congratulations to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for both of you. God has his own timing and his own plan, and this is in his plan. God bless you, I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally a little gummy bear! So sweet thanks for sharing!! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you both and Emily. She will have a baby brother or sister to play with. I will be praying for you and this pregnancy. Love you. Aunt Kathee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful for this blessing in your lives! Congrats to all of you��

    ReplyDelete