Friday, October 13, 2017

"Can you turn the bumps off, please?"

I thought I understood God...and then I became a parent.

God constantly uses my children to reveal Himself to me.

I was on a walk with my kids this morning and we came to a certain part of the path where the sidewalk gets really bumpy.



Emily exclaimed, "Ouch, those bumps hurt I don't like them". I told her I was sorry they hurt and we would be past them soon. We went over a few more and she said, "Can you turn the bumps off, please?" I could have ended our walk and turned around but we wouldn't have reached our destination.

I actually stopped and thought, "Whoa".

How many times in our life do we come to a bumpy part of the path God has us on and exclaim, "These bumps hurt and I don't like them". How many times do we ask God to turn them off or remove them all together?

But God knows that the bumps are part of the path on the journey He has on. If you stop, you may not reach the destination God has for you.

There are times when the path for our life takes us into a place of refreshment or excitement. Then there are times when our journeys often include bumps, hills, and valleys.

This blog is called "Adopt A Journey" because really that is what God invites us to, isn't it?

We are invited on this journey to follow the One who created the path and gave us a Way through it.

If you are walking with God and your path is a little bumpy, don't give up. It's won't last forever.

I know the bumps hurt, I have felt them time and time again.

Soon, you'll reach your destination and you'll see why you traveled the path you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment