Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trademarks of God


If today, the second day of January, is any indication of what 2013 is going to be like, we are in for an amazing year.

We have not been on this journey very long but I am so glad God called us to it. It has connected us in ways and with people we never would have imagined.

As far as updates go, we have finished all our paperwork and will submit it this week. We hope to have a date for the first visit on the books very soon.

God has been working on our behalf for this adoption. I can't help but imagine when He called us to this that He was sitting in Heaven thinking with a smile, "I can't wait till they see what I am going to do."

God amazed us today.  This verse was brought to my attention and I don't think I really understood it until now.

          "God can pour on the blessing in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than "just ready" to do what he needs to be done...."
-2 Corinthians 9:8 MSG

God is making us ready. It is astonishing.

Then we were reminded of the trademarks of God.

    I’m God, and I act in loyal love.
I do what’s right and set things right and fair,
    and delight in those who do the same things.
These are my trademarks.”

-Jeremiah 9:24

I believe God is delighting in our obedience and we are seeing his trademarks.  Even if our journey ended now, I would be content knowing that God has reminded me that He is every-present in our lives right now.

I love that The Creator loves me.





No comments:

Post a Comment